SMT kernel option

Colin Paul Adams colin at colina.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 18 13:39:44 UTC 2004

    Pedro> Colin Paul Adams wrote:
    >> The help for this option talks about support for Intel Pentium
    >> 4's with hyperthreading. Does it also apply to Xeons?
    >>
    Pedro> Yes. SMP is used by true SMP systems (with two or more real
    Pedro> processors) or single processor systems , when the CPU has
    Pedro> hyperthreading (Pentium 4 and Xeon processors).

I know all that.
That's not what I asked.
The help on menuconfig for this option specifically said it's for
Pentium 4's with hyperthreading.
It doesn't mention Pentium IIs for instance (I also have a twin
Penitum II system), and it doesn't mention Xeons (my main system has
two Xeon procesors).
So I repeat the question.
--
Colin Paul Adams