Auto loading of scsi hostadapter module?

Jurgen Kramer gtm.kramer at inter.nl.net
Fri Jun 18 14:03:41 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 14:42, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Fr, den 18.06.2004 schrieb Jurgen Kramer um 14:46:
>
> > I am using FC1 with kernel 2.6. How can I get the system
> > to load the 3w-9xxx (3ware 9000 SATA RAID) module on startup?
>
> > Jurgen
>
> Put
>
> alias scsi_hostadapter 3w-9xxx
>
> into the /etc/modprobe.conf and generate a (new) initial ramdisk image,
> which includes the SCSI controller driver module.
>
> Alexander

Thanks, I already had the modprobe part. But how can I get this module into
the ramdisk image? Normally I make my kernels with a make bzImage modules modules_install
and a make install sequence. That takes care of the building the proper ramdisk
image as well. Unfortunately the 3w-9xxx source is build externally, and it looks
like it's not picked up by the build process.

Jurgen