Auto loading of scsi hostadapter module?

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Jun 18 14:29:29 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 18.06.2004 schrieb Jurgen Kramer um 16:03:

> Thanks, I already had the modprobe part. But how can I get this module into
> the ramdisk image? Normally I make my kernels with a make bzImage modules modules_install
> and a make install sequence. That takes care of the building the proper ramdisk
> image as well. Unfortunately the 3w-9xxx source is build externally, and it looks
> like it's not picked up by the build process.
>
> Jurgen

mkinitrd --help

mkinitrd takes care for modules listed in the /etc/modprobe.conf (with
2.4 kernel the modules.conf). Using additional parameters like --preload
or --with you can force things.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.6-1.435
Serendipity 16:27:40 up 3 days, 12:54, load average: 0.15, 0.19, 0.18