GNU g++ compiler

Fri Jun 18 14:39:12 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 22:01 +0800, Amit Wakade wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I am a newbie for Fedora core.
>
>  Actually, I found that gnu g++ compiler used to come with the OS itself with Red Hat Linux.
> But, now when I have installed Fedora-Core Desktop I am not getting where the gnu g++ compiler is located.
>
>   Could any 1 please tell me whether teh g++ compiler comes with OS or I'll have to install it separately.

Yes - comes with FC2, but may not be installed, depending on the
installation options you chose (i.e. development).

[prs at radar0 prs]$ which g++
/usr/bin/g++
[prs at radar0 prs]$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/g++
gcc-c++-3.3.3-7

So, if it were not already installed, and assuming I had already
configured /etc/yum.conf to point to a nearby mirror rather than the
redhat site, I'd do...

[prs at radar0 prs]$ su -
Password: xxxxxxxx
[root at radar0 root]# yum install gcc-c++

Can also use up2date, apt, (again configure for your favorite mirrors)
or straight download/"rpm -ivh <package>".

Phil