SIS 964 Problem.

Troy Holder troy at ncstate.net
Fri Jun 18 15:06:59 UTC 2004

When I built my last machine I decided it was time to leave the "old"
technologies out. So I opted for no floppy and a SATA drive. The
motherboard I have is a ASUS P4S800D with the SIS 964 chipset. This
chipset did not obtain kernel support until the 2.6.6 kernel, so I have
had to run Windows on it.
I have been trying to piece together how to build a Core 2 CD that would
boot with a 2.6.6 kernel and install the same. I am at the point of
pulling my hair out. I have tried using the info from:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/anaconda-devel-list/2003-March/msg00033.html
http://www.cpqlinux.com/rh80customcd.html
But I keep running into issue after issue. Does anyone have a how-to on
how to do this? Or would someone like to work with me on this and I will
put up a how-to myself once it is done?