Urgent need Help with glibc

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 18 15:29:57 UTC 2004

Michael Jürgens said:
> But how can I do that remotly  far away from the data center?
> Do you think I can replace the libs at runlevel 3 also ? I have still
> access to the system.

You have replaced libraries that almost everything is linked to with libraries that are not compatible.  There is no reliable way to fix it while you are trying to use those libraries.  Using (for example) the rescue mode of the install CDs will give you a consistent environment so that you can make the changes.  You will need to get assistance from someone that can access the machine.

Think of it as trying to change a tire while the car is moving.  Sure it is theoretically possible, but the odds are you will cause more damage rather than replace the tire.

--
William Hooper