Fedora Core 2 Update: kernel-2.6.6-1.435

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 15:45:03 UTC 2004

Pedro Fernandes Macedo wrote:
> I'll take a look at the fedoratracker to see if there's a easy
> scriptable way to find the mirror list.... If I dont find it , then
> it'll be the old way: create a file with all the mirrors and let the
> script read it...

Are you having trouble finding an official mirrorlist for Core?

For the purposes of testing this idea to detect mirror syncage. I
would encourage you to stick initially with just Core and possibly a
special case repository that exists just to test
how this syncage process works instead of trying to test against
multiple repositories in the wild.  Is there a prototype cron script
yet that has atleast some functionality? Don't shoot for
perfection...shoot for producing a script that people can test and
give you feedback on and help with.

-jef