Re: Java and Firefox/Mozilla

Dale Harkness wrote:

I am having extreme difficulty trying to get the java plugin to work in Fedora Core 1 in Mozilla or Firefox. I have tried the following:

1.  Downloaded a Java2 RPM, and downloaded J2RE from Sun, neither plugins they provided worked.
2.  Made a link from the plugin libjavaplugin_oji.so into the plugins directory for Mozilla and Firefox, keeps telling me that it is not installed
3.  did a ln -s instead of using the menu to make a link, did not work.

Once upon a time i got this to work on a Core 1 machine, but i forget how i finally did it. i remember i downloaded a java plugin from yet another website, and for some reason theirs worked. does anyone have any ideas here ?

dale

You might find the links from this page helpful:

http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/linux.html#Java

Peter