Re: desktop switching tool does not work

Phil Schaffner wrote:

On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 01:55 -0400, ne... wrote:

On Jun 17, 2004 at 23:19, Mike Clow in a soothing rage wrote:

I am using Fedora Core 2 and am having a problem with the desktop switching tool. Somehow KDE got set as default anfd I cant get Gnome back as default. I ran the tool from both Gnome and KDE as root (Setting gnome as default), restarted X Server and still kde starts by default. Any Suggestions?

Were you logging in as root? You need to run it as the user
that is going to log in.

The system defaults are set in /etc/sysconfig/desktop:

[root radar0 Docs]# cat /etc/sysconfig/desktop
DESKTOP=KDE
DISPLAYMANAGER=KDE

Phil

For Gnome just one line: cat /etc/sysconfig/desktop
DESKTOP="GNOME"

Chris

  Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021