Fedora Core 2 Update: kernel-2.6.6-1.435

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Fri Jun 18 19:39:50 UTC 2004

Jeff Spaleta wrote:

>Are you having trouble finding an official mirrorlist for Core?

Not at all. For the test , I'm using two mirrors: mirror.linux.duke.edu
and mirror.pop-rs.rnp.br . I've chosen these two because duke.edu is
always in synch and por-rs.rnp.br is always missing packages...

>For the purposes of testing this idea to detect mirror syncage. I
>would encourage you to stick initially with just Core and possibly a
>special case repository that exists just to test
>how this syncage process works instead of trying to test against
>multiple repositories in the wild.  Is there a prototype cron script
>yet that has atleast some functionality? Don't shoot for
>perfection...shoot for producing a script that people can test and
>give you feedback on and help with.

I didnt think about restricting the testing to a few directories , so
debugging was a bit messy.... I'll try to add some extra functionality
to the config files (currently one config option is Nodevel , to disable
checking the development dir. I guess I'll do the same for
updates/testing and for all the SRPMs directories)

The script is currently having a problem with the hashes I'm using ...
I'll try to change from hashes to arrays (or from a 4 dimension hash to
a 2 dimension) and see if it works... The bug is kinda weird.. I can
access the data if I use $redhat{"updates"}{"i386"}{"2"} but it doesnt
work when I use $redhat{"$directory"}{"$arch"}{"$release"} (and all
those vars are set to the correct values)....
Besides that , all functions seem to work perfectly (I have the habit of
testing each function separately , so I can fix them faster). Only the
function which should read the hashes is weird... Probably I'll have to
change it and the one that creates the hashes , but I guess I can do it
in one hour or two...
I'll try to fix the code and as soon as it works , I'll post the url for
the file it will generate. The source for the current non-working
version is currently at www.dcc.ufmg.br/~pmacedo/fedora/test.pl if you
want to take a look.

--
Pedro Macedo