Problems with medium check for FC2 despite of properchecksum!HELP

Mark msalists at gmx.net
Fri Jun 18 20:10:32 UTC 2004

Ok, this is now really getting interesting:

I found a CDROM that was able to pass the media check.
I used this CD-ROM to copy the CD onto a new empty medium hoping that
burning it with a different burner on a different kind of medium would fix
the problem... But I still have the same problem... The new copy fails the
check again.
Is there some other option besides the "ide=nodma" that might help fixing
this problem and passing the check. I have done this so often before and
never had a problem! Are these machines going crazy??? (OK, stupid
question...)

MARK