Re: ACPI: S3 & PAE do not like each other for now, S3 disabled

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:04:30 +0100
Dave Jones <davej redhat com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 23:07, Andre Costa wrote:
>
> > does this also affect FC1 SMP kernels? I had to give up SMP on my
> > brand new P4 2.4 HT because of random lockups, and I am not sure I
> > had disabled suspend (S3)...
>
> FC1 didn't support ACPI suspend iirc.

... but does this mean that it can go crazy if ACPI suspend is on or it
simply doesn't use it? Anyway, turning this off seems the best way to
go. Does the apm=off kernel boot parameter affect this in anyway?

TIA,

Andre

--
Andre Oliveira da Costa