Fedora Core 2 Update: kernel-2.6.6-1.435

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 01:35:12 UTC 2004

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 22:11:51 -0300, Pedro Fernandes Macedo
<webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br> wrote:
> The resulting file is at www.dcc.ufmg.br/~pmacedo/fedora/fedora-core-2 .
> The script is set to run twice per hour. The source is at
> www.dcc.ufmg.br/~pmacedo/fedora/script.pl  , with config file
> www.dcc.ufmg.br/~pmacedo/fedora/configfile and mirror.lst
> www.dcc.ufmg.br/~pmacedo/fedora/mirror.lst .

Okay ive looked over initially how the check works.
And correct me if I'm wrong but...all you are doing is checking the header.info
on the mirror against the server.  This might not add much in terms of
accuracy since its quite possible that a mirror might get the header
before the actual package. So this method of generating a mirror-list
is not going to catch all possible problems.  And in fact you might
actually cut out mirrors that have the package but not the header yet,
which means cutting out a mirror that is actually valid for the
downloading step even though the header hasn't been copied over yet.
Maybe it would help if there was a re-statement of the problem you
were trying to solve to guage how effective this attempt was at trying
to solve it.

-jef