RE: backup

--On Wednesday, June 16, 2004 1:18 PM -0700 Ow Mun Heng <Ow Mun Heng wdc com> wrote:

I can only think that you want Linux to Windows because your backup
server/software is windows based?

That's what I do, because the tape drive is on the Windows box and AFAIK no one has ported rmt to Windows. So I run dump to a Samba-mounted Windows share every night with cron. Those interested in this solution should jump on the dump mailing list.