Sporadic, Jerky X Response

Brian Hanks bhanks at crackedweasel.org
Sat Jun 19 11:25:45 UTC 2004

Has anyone else experienced what I will call sporadic, jerky X response
in FC2?  It seems that any time I have a background process running that
is even remotely taking to the CPU or IO, I have pathetic response in
X.

My RH9 box and my FC1 box don't have this issue and they are slower
machines with less memory and older disk.  Could it be related to the
fact that I'm not using the NVIDIA driver on FC2 and I am on the other
two?

I quite reluctant to make the switch to FC2 without solving this issue.
It's quite annoying to have X become unstable every time I go to compile
something in the background.

Hardware Setup:
Asus A7V600
1 GB RAM
2 Samsung 120 GB SATA drives (RAID1 with LVM)
NVIDIA MX440
FC2 fully updated

Thanks,
Brian Hanks