Switch to xfce?

Simon admin at thelight.org.uk
Sat Jun 19 12:34:32 UTC 2004

Aaron Cirilo wrote:

> i couldn't get it boot to Xfce by default.. so changed to run level3
> and use the 'startxfce4' command to boot.
> i'm new tho..so there is a way to do it but i'm not informed.
>
> BTW... XFCE 4 is way fast.
>
> On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Mike Loiterman wrote:

After running through the fedora news howto and also running into this
problem i googled and found a solution.

Create a file called .Xclients-default in the home directory of the user
you want to use XFCE as the default window manager and make the contents
of the file simply:

startxfce4

save the file and make it executable: chmod +x .Xclients-default

log out and try logging back in using the 'default' session option.