K3B problem ripping mp3 Audio

Hi,

I'm trying to burn some mp3's to CD.  When I try to dray the mp3 files
into the project view I get an error message.

"Unable to handle the following files due to an unsupported format"

The mp3's play Ok and the k3b documentation says this format is
supported.

I'm running FC2 with K3b part of the base install.  It's a great
application and I'm thrilled to have it included with the release.

Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong?

Thanks,

Fred