question about cardmgr config on FC2 Dell Latitude CPx and DWL-G650

I have been running FC2 on a Dell Latitude CPx laptop for sometime now
using a D-Link DWL-G650 pcmcia wireless card for network access.

The problem that has been bothering me is that the DWL-G650 card is not
listed correctly in the Network Configuration/hardware tab.

Poking around the system lead me to the /etc/pcmcia/config file which
appears to list a wide variety of pcmcia cards.  The DWL-G650 is not
listed here.  If I was to add an entry for the DWL-G650 would this all
the Network Configuration tool to list the card correctly?

The other things that has been bugging me is that when I run the
command:

cardctl ident

I get the following:

Socket 0:
  no product info available
Socket 1:
  no product info available

But the card is working.

The same thing when I look at the /var/lib/pcmcia/stab file.

It almost looks like the system does not see the card but yet it does
work.  Or am I looking at the wrong stuff?

--
Scot L. Harris
webid cfl rr com

Beam me up, Scotty!  It ate my phaser!