Re: Will adding partition damage other partitions?

On Sat, Jun 19, 2004 at 10:07:28PM -0300, Ben Steeves wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 19:58:43 -0500, Steve Snyder <swsnyder insightbb com> wrote:
> >
> > I have unpartitioned space on my hard disk.  It is at the end of the disk.
> > If I use fdisk to create a partition in that unused space will the other
> > partitions on the disk be harmed?
>
> As long as you don't move any of those partitions, it should be fine.

Yes... and to be a little bit more complete.

As long as you don't move, change(shrink) or overlap onto an existing
partition with data, it should be fine.

Caution: when looking at partition tables notice extended partitions and
how they play.  The partition stuff contains nasty old stuff that is
hacked in nasty ways to manage modern large disks.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l