Re: support for name resolution broken in ethereal?

On Sun, 2004-06-20 at 09:30, Ernest L. Williams Jr. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I use ethereal and choose the following for capture ethereal hangs:
>
> 1. Update list of packets in real time
> 2. Enable network name resolution.
>
> Has anyone else seen this one?
>
> If I don't select number 2 above, all is well.
>

> Thanks
> --
> Ernest L. Williams Jr. <ernesto ornl gov>

I haven't personally seen this, but I wonder if IPv6 has anything to do
with it.  As root run:

echo "alias net-pf-10 off" >> /etc/modprobe.conf

Reboot and IPv6 is disabled.  May or may not help, but name resolution
in Mozilla is all jacked up with v6 enabled. Perhaps the same is true of
ethereal.

Wayne Steenburg