Problem with Notebook Optical Mouse

Craig Thomas cjtinhp at optonline.net
Sun Jun 20 15:18:01 UTC 2004

Jacques Fournier wrote:
> I run Fedora Core 1 (with all updates) on a Toshiba Satellite Serie 5100
> Laptop.
I'm running FC2 on a Satellite 2805, which used to run FC1 and both my
usb mouse and the joystick thingy [a technical term] work[ed] great.

> How can I configure the mouse to run?
Look for sections in /etc/X11/XFree86.conf [/etc/X11/xorg.conf on FC2]
similar to the following:

	Section "ServerLayout"
         	Identifier     "Default Layout"
	        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
         	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
	EndSection

	Section "InputDevice"
         	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	        Driver      "mouse"
	        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
	        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
	        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
	        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
	EndSection

Post the contents of the above file if you continue to have trouble.

> Jacques Fournier

HTH,
--
Craig Thomas [cjtinhp at optonline.net]