Re: Problem playing DVDs in FC2

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 17:16:49 +0200, Marcel Janssen wrote:

> Section "Module"
> 	Load  "freetype"
> 	Load  "Speedo"
> 	Load  "type1"
> 	Load  "dbe"
> 	Load  "GLcore"
> #	Load  "glx"
> 	Load  "extmod"
> 	Load  "v4l"
> #	Load  "dri"
> EndSection
>
> # Section "DRI"
> # 	Group        0
> # 	Mode         0666
> # EndSection

Interesting. After making those changes it works.

I tried reenabling the commented out stuff individually, and the dri
parts have no effect on the problem. It is loading the glx module that
causes it -- perhaps the glx module is grabbing huge chunks of
space in some way (I know little about X), so only lo-res Xvideo screens
can be allocated. Shame that disabling glx also disables all 3d stuff and
Quake3 won't run. :(

Are you seeing the same thing? This wasn't an issue in FC1, so should it
be reported as a bug?