Re: opinions on replacing vsftpd with proftpd?

FTP is in the same class as TELNET... obsolete, redundant, less secure,
etc... :)

I think that with ftp+ssl it would be slightly more secure that it used to be, aka plain text. I would think that any security site conscious site would want to use ssh based stuff, but for a plain transfer of files such as iso's or putting stuff up on a site ftp+ssl combo would do the trick.

There are many ftp clients out there, many free, but very few scp/sftp clients.

Cheers,

Aly.

--
Aly Dharshi
aly dharshi telus net

"A good speech is like a good dress that's short enough to be interesting and long enough to cover the subject"