opinions on replacing vsftpd with proftpd?

Stephen March steve at enerds.ca
Sun Jun 20 18:01:09 UTC 2004

Personally, I agree with Aly.    If you check out putty,

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

There are free ssh / scp / sftp clients (Windows based).   I've been using
putty
for about a year now, and it has some pretty (easy to use) tunnelling
features
as well.

I tunnel absolutely everything over SSH.   Plaintext in general - is
obsolete :)

Food for thought.
~Steve