Re: KVM FYI

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Colin Charles wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 10:16, Dwaine Castle wrote:
>
> > I've never received a reply from the vendor about FC2 support, but at least
> > one user speaks highly of this product.
>
> KVM's are usually software agnostic - they should "just work"

It would be nice if that were true. Upgrading to the latest kernel
for fc2 broke my mouse. Switching back to the old one fixes it again.
It is broken in both X and the text console. Moving the mouse slightly
causes it to jump all over the screen. I would put it in bugzilla except
I know they will just close it and say kvm's are unsupported. Personally
I think that stinks but who am I. They want to appeal to enterprise customers
but will not support a piece of hardware that is used by 99% of enterprise
customers. Yes I know this is Fedora core but the attitude is the same for
RHEL.

Just my $.02

Tom