FC2 could work with this ... !?

Ok, so for my PCTel modem i couldn't find a driver for Kernel 2.6.x, so i want to install a kernel 2.4.x.
Could it work with that kernel, or are the apps made only to work with 2.6 (except KDE and Gnome, which need the alsa packages).
If so, then could it work to take the *.src.rpm from the FC1 and compile it on FC2 (with gcc3.3 ?).
I just try this at home, but it's not ready yet ... i patched the files so it will use 3.3 instead of 3.2.
But now i await its completion.
Is the 2.4 *.src.rpm compilable with gcc3.3 ?

Thanks a lot,
Andrei