FC2 could work with this ... !?

Botoaca Andrei warlock_ba at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 21 05:38:54 UTC 2004

Ok, so for my PCTel modem i couldn't find a driver for Kernel 2.6.x, so i
want to install a kernel 2.4.x.
Could it work with that kernel, or are the apps made only to work with 2.6
(except KDE and Gnome, which need the alsa packages).
If so, then could it work to take the *.src.rpm from the FC1 and compile it
on FC2 (with gcc3.3 ?).
I just try this at home, but it's not ready yet ... i patched the files so
it will use 3.3 instead of 3.2.
But now i await its completion.
Is the 2.4 *.src.rpm compilable with gcc3.3 ?

Thanks a lot,
Andrei