Re: X lock / crash + slowdowns - fc2

On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 13:39, dballester kernpharma com wrote:
> Hi:
>
> >What graphics card are you using? Which drivers? (Have you installed
> >Nvidia or ATi proprietary stuff?)
>
> May be Nvidia? Same problems with a Dell D800 with Nvidia GForce4. We are
> usin 4k kernel stack, but when any 3D Hardware accel is used ( glxgears or
> sceensavers, for example ) all X crash.

Well I don't know if this is any help or not, but I have had no problems
whatsoever using FC2, x.org, kernel-2.6.6-1.435.i686 from Fedora Updates
(4K stack), and the nv driver on a Dell Inspiron 8200 with NVidia
GeForce 440 Go. glxgears and xscreensaver all work fine (albeit, very
very slowly).

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren dzr-web com          www.dzr-web.com