Re: disc i/o problem trying to upgrade to latest kernel (2.6.6-1.435smp)

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 09:49:27PM -0500, rp pitmon com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently have 2.6.6-1.427smp,
>
> I'm trying to update FC2 kernel to 2.6.6.-1.435smp, and it fails during the
> update.
>
> All I'm doing is 'yum update', and it downloads the latest kernel (single and
> smp), then does a test transaction, then updates the single cpu rpm, then it
> tries to update the SMP kernel rpm, and it blows up, with a whole bunch of
> these:
>
> scsi1 (0:0): rejecting I/O to offline device
>
> . and a few of these:
>
> EXT3-fs error (device sda2) in start_transaction: Journal has aborted
>
> . among other scsi-not-so-happy errors ..
>
> I'm trying it on a Dell 2450 with a PERC 3/Si.  I've tried it a few times on 2
> different machines with the same results.
>
> Any thoughts?

Do have aaccli installed? If you do, see if you can run any dianogstics on
the controller, or see if you can spot any drive or container errors.

--
-- Skylar Thompson (skylar cs earlham edu)
-- http://www.cs.earlham.edu/~skylar/