Proxy server

bryan at redfedora.co.uk bryan at redfedora.co.uk
Mon Jun 21 20:37:53 UTC 2004

> I've run Squid on a Cyrix 233 MHz CPU w/64 megs of ram. There were
> over 300 clients, each of them much faster than the squid box.

I've done squid on a P120 with plenty of memory shovelled in for good
measure. Funnily enough nobody ever complained about the speed it just
dialled on demand and did it's stuff. That was for around about 50 clients.
I'm spoilt now because I have a broadband link but everything still goes out
through the squid box albeit on an athlon now. I wouldn't change my initial
choice on the software.

Bryan