Inexpensive Serial Card for FC2

fredex fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Mon Jun 21 23:01:39 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 12:15:08PM -0700, Mike McMullen wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm hoping someone can recommend a cheap PCI multi-port serial card
> that works with FC2. 4 ports or less is all I am looking for. I need to
> build a small faxserver with Hylafax and FC2.
>
> Any help appreciated,
>
> Mike

www.byterunner.com sells a variety of cards, including serial cards
which come in both ISA and PCI varieties.

I have one of thier old ISA cards (it's probably 8 years old, give
or take) but have no experience with the newer ones. The one I have
works just fine, though, have had no trouble with it.

The PCI cards on their web page today aren't CHEAP, exactly, a two-port
card can be had for as low as $38 US, which isn't bad, but I dunno what
you mean by "cheap". I see they have a two-port ISA card for $17.50.

This is not a sales pitch, just tryng to give you some pointers.

Fred

                      The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,
                    keeping watch on the wicked and the good.