Bind Instructions on FC2

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Jun 22 00:26:09 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 22.06.2004 schrieb edwarner99 at yahoo.com um 1:08:

> I've looked but I can't find what I need.
>
> Does FC2 by default use chroot?

Just check what bind packages you have installed! "rpm -qa | grep bind"

> Where can I find a setup procedure for Bind on FC2?

It is not different than any other bind9 setup. The manuals for RH9 at
www.redhat.com/docs/ are still valid, while they primarily show the
usage of the GUI tool.

> I'm looking for chroot procedures.

Just put all common bind9 files like the named.conf and the zone files
inside the chroot directory, which is by default /var/named/chroot/.

Man, it is not that difficult. If you meanwhile did hose up all, then do
yourself a favour and uninstall all bind packages, erase all modified or
created files (or better just move to a secure place) and then reinstall
the needed bind packages and start with fresh, clean, proper
configuration files. If you choose the chrooted bind, then be sure you
only edit the files inside the chroot.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.6-1.435
Serendipity 02:19:49 up 2 days, 8:07, load average: 1.00, 0.80, 0.47