VNC + sharing the same desktop

Guys,

	is there anyway to configure VNC to share the same desktop whenever I
connect to the PC? The thing here is that, I'm trying to view a movie
using the PC and I want to an external/another monitor. but since all I
have is another laptop, I was thinking I can hook them up together via
eth and VNC into the other and get a view of the desktop.

However, this doesn't work, VNC by default creates a _new_ desktop for
the new connection.

Anyway around this? So that I can share desktop :0

Thanks