Re: VNC + sharing the same desktop

William Hooper wrote:
Ow Mun Heng said:

Guys,

is there anyway to configure VNC to share the same desktop whenever I connect to the PC?

http://www.realvnc.com/v4/x0.html

The thing here is that, I'm trying to view a movie

Since your movie player is most likely talking directly to the video hardware it probably won't work. Even if it does I doubt you will get acceptable frame rates.

There was a work-around for this, but I forget what it was. Probably just disabled the hw acceleration, but I seem to remember that not being the case. Check the real-vnc archives.

Mike