Duplicate path entries

    Antonio> the PATH contains 2 times some paths:

    Antonio> /opt/SmartEiffel/bin /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_04/bin (others)

    Antonio> While I think it cannot "hurt". Please, "clean" it.

This comes about because both /etc/profile and /etc/bashrc source all
the files in /etc/profile.d.
And /etc/bashrc is in turn called by .bashrc. I've commented out the
code in /etc/bashrc.
I don't know if I have taken the wrong action, so I'm copying this
message to the fedora list.

I guess what happens is that /etc/profile is sourced when i login to
gdm, and then ~/.bashrc is run when i open a gnome terminal.
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire