Ctrl G doesn't sound the bell in FC2

HaJo Schatz hajo at hajo.net
Tue Jun 22 14:58:10 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 22:52, Colin Paul Adams wrote:

>     HaJo> the beep then?  If yes, put it into rc.modules to make it
>     HaJo> survive a reboot.
>
> I'm a bit puzzled about this rc.modules bit.
> There ISN'T one on my system
> There's an /etc/modprobe.conf and an /etc/modules.conf.
>
> I've put it in the former (but I've no intention of re-booting just to
> test it out).
You can run it at the cmd-line to get the module loaded instantly.

But it'll be gone after reboot. To make it permanent, there are quite a
few places you could put it. If /etc/rc.modules does not exist, you can
create it. It gets sourced through /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit, lines 466-468
(you may want to verify that).