Empty Windows network ...

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Tue Jun 22 16:21:30 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 05:57:43PM +0200, antonio montagnani wrote:
> Dave Cross wrote/ha scritto, On/il 22/06/2004 15:10:

> >>Will you post the output of command:
> >>smbclient -L Contec -N where Contec has to be replaced by name of
> >>your PC....
> >
> >I'm not the original poster, but I've been having the same problem.
> >smbclient works fine, but I can't browse the Windows network in
> >Nautilus. Here's the output from the command you suggest:
> >
> >$ smbclient -L DAVE -N
> >Anonymous login successful
> >Domain=[INTERNAL] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.3-5]
> >
> >       Sharename       Type      Comment
> >       ---------       ----      -------
> >       IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Dave's Samba Server)
> >       ADMIN$          IPC       IPC Service (Dave's Samba Server)
> >       printer         Printer   printer
> >Anonymous login successful
> >Domain=[INTERNAL] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.3-5]
> >
> >       Server               Comment
> >       ---------            -------
> >       VICKY
> >
> >       Workgroup            Master
> >       ---------            -------
> >       INTERNAL             VICKY
> >$
> >
> >Is that any help?
>
> 2 questions:
>
> 1) is your windows network using ??? Win98, WinXP (HE or Prof)??

I'm told it's Windows 2000 by our sysadmin. I know nothing of such things
personally :)

> 2) will you post also your samba.conf??

[global]
  workgroup = INTERNAL
  server string = Dave's Samba Server
  printcap name = /etc/printcap
  load printers = yes
  log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
  max log size = 50
  password server = *
  security=domain
  wins server = 172.26.2.28
  dns proxy = no

[homes]
  comment = Home Directories
  browseable = yes
  writeable = yes

[printers]
  comment = All Printers
  path = /var/spool/samba
  browseable = no
  printable = yes

> My output of same command is :
> Sharename       Type      Comment
>        ---------       ----      -------
>        homes           Disk      Home Directories
>        IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Samba Server)
>        ADMIN$          IPC       IPC Service (Samba Server)
>        epson           Printer   Created by redhat-config-printer 0.6.x
>        antonio         Disk      Home Directories
> Domain=[FEDORA] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.4-1.FC1]
>
>        Server               Comment
>        ---------            -------
>
>        Workgroup            Master
>        ---------            -------
>        WORKGROUP            FEDORA
>
> and my smb.conf is:
> # Global parameters
> [global]
>    dns proxy = No
>    log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
>    printing = cups
>    server string = Samba Server
>    socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
>    os level = 255
>    null passwords = Yes
>    username map = /etc/samba/user.map
>    public = yes
>    preferred master = Yes
>    max log size = 50
>    allow hosts = 192.168.0.0/24
>    wins support = Yes
>
> [homes]
>    comment = Home Directories
>    read only = No
>
> [printers]
>    comment = All Printers
>    path = /var/spool/samba
>    printable = Yes
>    browseable = No
>
> A stupid question on my side: is your Windows workgroup really defined
> as INTERNAL???

Yes it is.

Dave...

--
  If there's something inside that you wanna say
  Say it out loud it'll be ok