FC2 doubtful quality?

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Tue Jun 22 17:54:10 UTC 2004

On Jun 22, 2004, Keith Lofstrom <keithl at kl-ic.com> wrote:

> This is a debate between the complainers and the excuse-makers.

> The complainers (which include me) want responsible behavior.  The
> excuse-makers claim that the users who complain aren't worthy.

I've no clue of which category you intend to put me in.

> Well, here in the real world you must give 200%, suffer enormous
> abuse, strain to the limit to satisfy your customers/users, and
> even with all that effort you will still sometimes miss your target.

Point is, there aren't customers to satisfy.  It's a community.
Nobody has to pay money to get it, but people are supposed to
contribute time helping test, helping support each other, helping make
this a nice distro that everybody can use.  We are our own customers.

> Fellow complainers, pay close attention to the excuse makers.  An
> excuse is a promise to repeat the same behavior in the future.  If
> you feel that the excuse-to-solution ratio is too high, perhaps it
> is indeed time to look for more professional behavior elsewhere.
> I have a colo site with bandwidth.  Does anyone know how to set up
> a mailing list?  We could call it "redhat-recovery" and focus on
> techniques for moving on.  Then we could leave these other happy
> folks to quietly enjoy their sandbox.

Wow, cool!, let's create yet another community distro and fragment the
efforts such that each of them sucks in its own particular way!

Good luck.  Hope to meet you soon, playing a role other than
complainer in this other effort :-)