Dell GX270

Greetings all,
I've been trying to install Fedora Core 2 on my Dell 270, I am having problems
running X on it, it seems there is a problem with the Intel i865 graphics
chipset which is what I have, I have found a patch on the web
(http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/linux/fc1_intel_video_fix.htm)
it seems that this patch supports up to 800x600 or 1024x768   I was wondering if
there is a better and more stable way to fix this problem, and possibly use use
a 1600x1200 resolution.
It seems that this is a problem with other Unix like  flavors like redhat and
FreeBSD. any help would be appreciated
Thank you all and keep up the good work!