YUM Output

Folks

I run the "yum" package from a cron job. When it's finished, cron nicely mails me a copy of the results. BUT....since yum outputs all those overwritten lines marking real-time progress, I get mail with a lot of "junk".

I think it's because yum outputs lines using CR to rewrite the line, so one gets
someprogressCRsomemoreprogressCRthelastprogressCRLF

It looks OK on a real screen, where each line overwrites the previous, but in mail it looks bad.

Is there some way I can direct or control the output of yum to avoid the "real-time" updates, and produce only the final results?

David