Selinux

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Jun 22 23:39:09 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 23.06.2004 schrieb edwarner99 at yahoo.com um 0:39:

> Does FC2 by default, install and run Selinux?
> My upgrade from FC1 seems to have done just that.
> I turned if off by place selinux=0 in grub.conf, but
> don't know if this is the proper way or not.

No, SELinux is disabled by default on FC2 and should be so after an
upgrade from FC1 too.

SELINUX=disabled in /etc/sysconfig/selinux is the proper way to set
SELINUX off, while your kernel line setting works too. Please read the
FAQ at

http://people.redhat.com/kwade/fedora-docs/selinux-faq-en/

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.6-1.435
Serendipity 01:36:01 up 14 min, 8 average: 1.36, 1.09, 0.65