Re: Helpful signatures?

----- Original Message -----
From: James Wilkinson <james westexe demon co uk>
Date: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 12:35 pm
Subject: Helpful signatures?

:snip:

> If this is supposed to be a community-supported distribution, and this
> list is one of the visible signs of community ...
>
> ... what can we do to make the archive and the other resources more
> visible?
>
> I know we have the "To unsubscribe" link at the bottom, but people
> obviously aren't finding the archives. Would there be any mileage in
> those that conveniently can [1] changing their signatures for this
> listto point at the relevant resources? Maybe something like this?
>
> --
> Solve common Fedora problems at   http://example.com
> Unofficial Fedora FAQ at          http://fedorafaq.org/
>
> Lisa (melgil88 optonline com), is there any possibility that you can
> put your "Current Fedora Core 2 Problems & Solutions/Helpful Links" on
> the web somewhere so we can link to it?
>
> What do people think?
>
> James.

Sure, I can do that.  I don't know about the signature thing though; some people might be finicky about what they put in their sig.  I personally think it's a good idea, and I would put those things in my sig if I posted here enough for anyone to see it ;)

Anybody else have an opinion on the signature idea James has? If people like it and want to do it, I'll scratch up a webpage for the 'current problems' list and post the link.