FC 2 - Problems with the laptop touch-pad.

I installed FC2 on an ACER TravelMate 212 TX (on which I previously have an FC1) and I noticed that the system cannot receive a left-click event just pressing on the touch-pad (pressing the left button works :-) ). But it worked in FC1, so why this functionality was removed?

Thank you in advance.

Daniele