Installation of RPM's beyond standard Fedora Core 2

Hi all,

I was googling my way in finding an howto "howto install mysql 4.0 on fedora
core 2", I just found an Italian
website describing this installation, unfortunalty my Italian is not that
good. I followed this mailinglist and I can
totaly imagine why redhat bundles with 3.58, no problem....

But I guess I'am not the onlye one who wants a clean valid installation of
Mysql 4 by rebuilding the source rpm's and a valid integration into Fedora,
with valid dependencies.
Or is this not possible and should I install the software from source (just
as php, apache and so on?)

Thanks in advance..
Fons van der Beek