2 points: dovecot & Fedora list

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Wed Jun 23 11:57:47 UTC 2004

On Jun 23, 2004 at 19:06, Marc Lucke in a soothing rage wrote:

>(1)  Dovecot:  I was very embarrassed indeed.  I read the dovecot site
>to find that it did not yet properly support mbox format.
What part is not supported I have no idea but I do know
that I use dovecot with mbox. I have yet to read up on
maildir and implement it. I use dovecot on FC2 with
postfix.

>(2)  someone answered in a previous post suggesting all sorts of
>resources and mailing-lists I can subsribe to for non Fedora specific
>posts.  I thank that person for the information but point out that given
>fedora is made up of packages that have mailing-lists elsewhere, then
>what is the fedora list actually for?  Theoretically there should be no
>posts to the list at all!  Kernel problems -> kernel, dovecot issues ->
>dovecot etc.  The next point is this:  I didn't chose to move from
>uw-imapd.  I was quite happy with it.  Installing FC2 made that choice
>for me.  Is it therefore not relevant to point out any flaws about
>dovecot or ask questions to the fedora list?
If you find flaws in anything related to FC, bugzilla
is the best place for them. You can always update us
here that you have filled a bug. Fedora list is the
main list for asking FC questions. Sometimes you may
be asked to post to other lists iff we think you will
get a better answer there. Remember, FC users lurk here
together with a few of the developers. If our knowledge
is not enuf, we will direct you to where we think you
will get the right answer.

N.Emile...
"I may be synthetic, but I'm not stupid"
-- the artificial person, from _Aliens_
 07:51:57  up 12 days,  1:25,  5 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00