Re: FC2 doubtful quality?

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Timothy Murphy wrote:

Dexter Ang wrote:

So I guess developers were "pressured" to release on a deadline, hoping
to fix most bugs through updates. As much as I'd personally love to help
test and test until all bugs are stamped out, you can't avoid the fact
that a lot of other people simply won't test until a "final" release is
out.

I'm not sure how typical I am, but I haven't run any test releases because it has been said that one cannot upgrade from a test release to a new FC release.

for good reason -- since a test release is attempting to emulate, as closely as possible, the upcoming official release, to "upgrade" from a test release to a new FC release is, in essence, upgrading from a version to something representing that same version. logically, it really doesn't make a lot of sense -- i suspect the logistics involved would be just
nightmarish.

rday