nfs mounts fail at boot time

Steven Vaccaro stevev at caip.rutgers.edu
Wed Jun 23 14:40:01 UTC 2004

Why don't you use the NFS auto-mounter instead of mounting the remote
partitions at boot time, it will speed up your boot time(probably not much
unless you have a lot of NFS mounts) and will allow your networking
subsystem to be initalized fully at boot.  Then when ever accessed your
NFS partitions will be automaticly mounted.  Look in /etc/auto.master for
config details or `man auto.master` and `man autofs`

Steve