Re: User names in FC2

Jose Gonzalez wrote:
I need to add user names with the general form [FirstName].[LastName] (Example: david.morgan), but I receive an error like 'Invalid username....'. Is possible to use the point '.' in the user name..? In previous versions (Redhat 7.x) there is no problem.

You are not allowed to have embedded spaces in usernames. The standard practice is to use a "." to separate the two names:

john.smith

Yes, it works in FC1 and FC2.  Be forewarned: using capitalization is
also dangerous.  "John.Smith" is NOT the same user as "john.smith" and
can wreak havoc with email.  I recommend only using lower-case letters
in user names.  RFC822 states that domain names are case-insensitive,
but the "local part" of an email address (the username) is NOT case-
insensitive.  As a result, standard practice is to make the usernames
lower case.
- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens vitalstream com -
-         "If you can't fix it...duct tape it!"  - Tim Allen         -