Anaconda Problem

Robert Cavey rcavey at g0mos16.gsfcmo.ecs.nasa.gov
Wed Jun 23 18:30:35 UTC 2004

Hey all,

 I have run into a problem with kickstarting. The kickstart process
installs everything AOK things but my %post nfs mounting below fails to
mount the the nfs partiton which is the same server I kickstart from.
Do have to add some other commands to mount the nfs partition in FC2???

note: I remove my kickstart CD after the rpms start installing and the
machine reboots afterwards

This worked flawlessly in RH 9.0 but seems to be broken in FC2.

commented ks.cfg
----------------------
<<<SNIP>>>
%post
/sbin/chkconfig --level 23456 pcmcia off
/sbin/chkconfig --level 23456 iptables off
/sbin/chkconfig --level 23456 isdn off
/sbin/chkconfig --level 23456 rhnsd off
/sbin/chkconfig --level 23456 firstboot off
/sbin/chkconfig --level 2345 ntpd on

   ----- ALL ABOVE WORKS ------

mkdir /mnt/tmp
mount 10.1.198.138:/data1 /mnt/tmp  ----- FAILS

rpm -ivh /mnt/tmp/FC2/extras/*.rpm  ----- FAILS because of above

cp /etc/init.d/autofs /etc/init.d/autofs.orig  ----- WORKS
cp /etc/auto.master /etc/auto.master.orig

umount /mnt/tmp

Bug possibly???

Thanks,
Bob