apt-get and hold/ignore

Frank Pineau frank at pineaus.com
Wed Jun 23 19:56:44 UTC 2004

Ok, I'm stumped.  In debian, you could put a hold on a package with dpkg
--set-selections.  In the FC world, I can't for the life of me figure
out how to do that with either apt-get or synaptic.  It's very annoying
because I have several packages installed that are newer than what's in
the repositories (xscreensaver, for example) and apt-get insists it's
older and wants to upgrade it.

Can anyone tell me how to get apt-get/synaptic to ignore a package in
FC2?

--
Be big.  Be meaty.  Be Frank.