Re: How often should prelink run ?

Dylan Parry wrote:
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:05:30 -0400 (EDT), ne... <akabi speakeasy net> wrote:

For some Athlons, this ain't easy. I know 'cause I went
down that route. I've had cpu coolers gathering dust...
Eventually, I gave them away.

Look for LVCool. It does something to one of the motherboard chips (I don't remember which) and results in, in my case, a drop of 15c from 45 to 30! Stick it in rc.local or some other startup script and it does the job just great.

I think that it might actually be available in the Dag repository...

Thanks for all your replies!!!

I have P4/1.4 since 2001, even run seti for about a year without any
temperature related problems.
The max. recommended temp for my CPU is about 75C, so 60C is not a real
threat, but I just to be sure I'd like to keep it cooler.
When the box is idle CPU temp drops to 49C.

Well, I probably will exchange the CPU fan and/or add such a pipe-cooler
which gets fresh air from outside the housing.
Does anyone have recommendations regarding such a pipe-cooler ?

Thanks again,
Hannes.